Re: Valve Cover Racing

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Valve Cover Racing
From: gschneid@nicmad.nicolet.com (Gary Schneider)
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 96 20:39:51 CST
David Deutsch wrote:
>I've noticed on a couple of events flyer something called Valve Cover
>Racing. Can any one help me? Sounds like fun anyway.

Gee, after travelling for the last few months, I come back to a question I
can answer. :-)

Yup, it's a hoot. You get a radio controlled chassis of some sort, (the 4X4
chassis' are popular) and fit the valve cover of your choice on top instead
of a car/truck body. Then try to race it through a slalom, drag strip or
both. It seems to inspire the wackiness in people, even more so than our
peculiar LBC's. Sometimes there are classes for unpowered ones too that you
pull through the course on a string running madly in front of it, but only
the kids have energy enough for that.

--
Gary Schneider, Nicolet Instrument Technologies
phone: 608-276-6172, fax: 608-273-5061, email: gschneid@nicolet.com