Re: TR Headlights

To: Max.Blyton@airservices.gov.au, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR Headlights
From: TR6Massey@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 19:11:28 -0500
Dear Max:

Some basic electrical theory shows us that 100 Watt bulbs will draw only 8.33
Amps (100/12=8.33).  Therefore two 100 watt bulbs need only 16.66 amps from
your electrical system.  The heater fan draws 10 amps (why you need a heater
in the back of beyond escapes me at teh moment).  The coil needs 1-2 amps.

Since you have a 40 amp alternator (I think) you can easily upgrade to 100
watt bulbs and larger.  I used 100 watt bulbs in my TR6 for years without
trouble or wiring changes. In fact you could use 4@ 100 watt lamps and still
keep up with the electrical demand if you donot use the heater.  Fair dinkim

Dave