RE: Spitfire scale models

To: Eric Teunissen <eric.teunissen@tip.nl>
Subject: RE: Spitfire scale models
From: Francois Demont <100304.2046@compuserve.com>
Date: 23 Mar 96 12:00:57 EST
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
To Eric Teunissen & the Triumph list, Good afternoon from France, Brittany !
Great !
What a list ! I'm not sure a whole life will be enough to find every scale
Spitfire, if you're a *real* collector (I'm not..).

##MK I, Telsada 25034, 1:32, R, plastic, 'Holiday Set' with boat and caravan
> possible conflicting info: got the above set registered with fllowing details:
MKII, Telsada 25043,1:24,R,Plastic, set incl caravan.##

I've never seen this model, but there is o very good quality photo in the French
Magazine 'Retroviseur', N 57, may 1993, where it's written 1:32, and it seems to
be right, on the photo, including original box, the caravan *and* the boat..

##MK II, Solido 4539, 1:43, R, metal, red , and green, hardtop, Racing Spitfire
> have both solido's as MKI instead of MKII##

I got one of this Solido, the red one. It's not a very good quality model, but
it's cheap.. If I look in details, I can see :
- Front grille have five bars, like the MK2
- Door handles are of the earlier type, like on the MK1 or earlier MK2
- I can see an exterior door lock on the passenger side, real model never got
one..
- The upper part of the doors, inside, is red (body color), as was the MK1..
- The dashboard is black, as was the MK2..
- Seats look like MK2/3 models..

So, is it a Mark 1; is it a Mark 2 ?!!..

The Solido green racing version is a copy of a real car, racing in France. But
the driver is the president of another club, and we are not friends, so I bought
the red one.. But his car is a MK1, as we can't race in France with post 1965
cars (or in 'prototype' category).

Francois 'I would write more if I had more English in my pen' Demont
100304.2046@compuserve.com
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/spitfire