Re: Oil seal quality-comments pls

To: pleask@mailhost.wlc.com
Subject: Re: Oil seal quality-comments pls
From: Nickbk@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 1996 00:41:51 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Pat-

Pat writes that it is too late to use the double (one-behind-the-other) seal
setup on the front of the TR4, but that is a good thought-

I have found that in addition to the front crank seal, the double seal trick
can be used on the tranny front seal and the rear (solid) axle seal setup. To
date these are the only
wide style factory seals which can be replaced with thinner style ( hence 2
seals will fit)
seals that I have replaced. I have never had any further leaks using this
method. If
anyone wants to know what the actuall seal numbers are for these
applications, I can
probably find them somewhere in my garbage-whoops I mean garage <g>.

                                                               The Car
Curmudgeon
                                                                      Nick