RE: '72 Spitfire

To: jkennedy@MIT.EDU, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: '72 Spitfire
From: Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com
Date: 19 Mar 96 09:40:29 -0600
Need More Speed writes:
>I am interested in retrofitting my Spitfire with overdrive.  Any >opinions
out there about whether this is the right thing to do, how >much it costs,
and tips for doing it yourself?

If you are interested John Kipping catalog shows a complete retrofit package
for the Spitfire (and GT6). The kit included: "reconditioned gearbox,
overdrive, propshaft with mountings. electrics, and all other ancillaries".
I recently purchased a gearbox from them and had it in a week (UPS) at a
fraction of the US sources. If you want I can fax you the pages from the
catalog. The price listed is 395 pounds and a 75 pound core charge. These
prices still have the 15% VAT included so the price is less than listed.
Last time I checked 1 pound =$1.52.
PARTS SOURCES
John Kipping Triumph Spares
(Herald, Vitesse, Spitfire, GT6) - Free Catalogue
Parrots Grove,
421 Aldermans Green Road
Coventry,
CV2 1NP

Phone (01203) 645333
Fax   (01203) 645030
>From the US, dial 011-441-203-645333

Another satisfied customer with money left over for more fun stuff,
Richard Ceraldi
71 GT6 MKIII KF166L