Wedge assembly questions

To: tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Wedge assembly questions
From: Slopes3688@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 1996 00:52:46 -0500
Wedgers:

I am pleased with the service I received from the British Parts Connection
and the reasonable, swift delivery of my TR-7 six-vane water pump. I saved
30% over the Moss listed price.

My question to more experienced Wedgers is about that extra hole in the
six-vane pump housing. Since I couldn't find a 12 vane pump replacement, I
installed the six-vane and pirated the matching housing from my parts car.
Now I have a pump cover with an extra hole which I bunged with a freeze plug
dripping in Loctite. Is this sucker going to blast through my bonnet when the
heat gets high? Should I epoxy the plug for life? Help before I torque down
the intake manifold.

Per the shop manual, I did the feeler guage thing between the water pump
housing and block, finding nearly zero clearance. I chose the .020 gasket and
gooped it up, torquing down to the 20 ft-lbs suggested. Am I going to be in
trouble when I crank it up?

Next, I installed a 160 degree TR-8 thermostat. Will this cause problems?

Also, the new temperature sender didn't seat with the gasket and is loose
even though I did Loctite it. The new one is brass while the old one was some
kind of white metal. Will it leak if it doesn't fully seat?

After hearing from my TR friends on WWW, I plan to install the intake
manifold and will really goop up the hot water "O" ring as advised.

Has anyone installed Longflo headers? I have a set but am uncomfortable with
steering clearances. What do you suggest?

Thanks again to Wedge fans who help each other and help me.

Steve Lopes
200KTR7