Re: New Spit

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, "Richard Jackson - Network Technician ext. 2570" <RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: New Spit
From: "Kurt Oblinger" <Kurt_Oblinger_at_AWP450@mail.hq.faa.gov>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 96 17:37:38 EST
Cc: RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
Richard Jackson wrote,

>Morning All,

>A couple of weeks ago I was at the TSSC AGM when I heard rumour that BMIHT were
>very close now to producing NEW body tubs for Spitfires, I am not sure what
>version, although it will probably be MkIV and 1500's.

Good news if true!

>Also, next year BMW
>intend to re-introduce the Triumph name to replace the mid-price Rovers.
>Whether any of this will come to fruition or not I don't know, but it'll be
>interesting to watch and find out.

A co-worker of my wife is in the BMW Car Club of America. He loaned us some of
the recent issues of the club publication "The Roundel". In one of the issues
was a quote from the BMW exec appointed to head up Rover Group (name escapes
me). He was quoted as saying that BMW had no intention of reviving any more of
the old marques. He said that the MGF and the new Rover sedan were quite enough
work for now. But then again "doth he protest too much?"

Inquiring minds want to know.

Kurt Oblinger (sprechen sie "Lucas"?)
Redondo Beach, Ca.