Re: carpet removal...

To: "Jon Moody (BME)" <mood@rad.unc.edu>
Subject: Re: carpet removal...
From: "Carl Musson (EVENTS)" <musson@satie.arts.usf.edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 1996 16:10:36 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I pulled the carpet out of my '3 Wed night and I think it was installed
with the same type of adhesive.  If there is carpet felt under the
carpet, I think the carpet itself will mostly be re-usable.  If the
carpet is glued directly to the floor plan, I think that it is highly
unlikely that you will be able to re-use it. (The loop pulls through to
the back and sticks to the floorplan)

The felt will come up with the carpet and you will need to separate the
two layers before re-installing and you will need a new set of underfelt.
I didn't try to split the layers as I am laying new carpet, but I thought
I would hold onto the old just in case another car comes along or something.

I used a 2" and 4" spackling knife to help separate the felt from the
floor. Also, I didn't use any kind of solvent to break down the glue.

TR3-TS25264L
|  CARL F. MUSSON, Coordinator             INTERNET: musson@arts.usf.edu  |
|            Opinions expressed are mine and not of my employer.          |