Re: Need Spitfire 1296cc exhaust manifold

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com
Subject: Re: Need Spitfire 1296cc exhaust manifold
From: pbw@chong.dseg.ti.com (Pat Willems (@chong))
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 96 07:31:23 CST
Larry wrote
>I would like to get a stock 1296cc Spitfire exhaust manifold for the
>Mark 3 I'm working on. The engine is, in reality, a Mk4 engine, but
>I'm putting twin SUs on it and would like to put the standard manifold
>on it, too. I currently have a header on it.

That's funny--I'm looking for a header for my 1296 to replace the stock
manifold.  You are welcome to my old manifold (I believe I have it
boxed away somewhere) but it needs some weld repair.  It is cracked and
one of the bolt holes on the lower flange is broken out.  Good luck in
your search.

Regards
Pat Willems
'72 Spit Mk IV (in pieces)