Dead Clutch

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Dead Clutch
From: "Richard Jackson - Network Technician ext. 2570"<RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 1996 10:31:10 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
Morning All,

Just a quick problem for you all, on the way to work this morning, whilst
overtaking a Volvo, and changing from third to fourth, my clutch pedal went
EXTREMELY light, and has now started slipping during heavy acceleration.  Also
when changing gear the clutch doesn't -quite- dis-engage properly.  The pedal
feels as if the actual resistance offered by the hydraulic circuit only starts
about halfway through the pedal travel, with the rest of the resistance being
provided by the return spring(Does this make sense).  I have checked the fluid
level and this is about half full(Half empty, depending on how you look at it
:-) ),  I have also checked that the release arm(throw out fork) pin is in
place, as I know these have a tendency to fall out.

All I can think is the pressure plate may have somehow distorted/broke/etc OR
the seals in the slave cylinder have died a death!!!

ANY ideas  Plllllllleeeeeeaaassssssseeee, I honestly don't feel like removing
the gearbox tonight to have a look at the clutch  :-(

Also, the engine has developed a *slight* mis-fire at low revs......But thats
the least of my worries at the minute!!!!

I knew I shouldn't have laughed when a work collegues F*rd Granada packed in
yesterday...

Rich