Re: Fan

To: pleask@mailhost.wlc.com
Subject: Re: Fan
From: aj253@rgfn.epcc.Edu (Tony Robinson)
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 96 20:13:14 MST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

>>>Tony, a dumb question. On my 4A, which way does the fan go ? I assume it is
>>>with the bend edges of the fins pointing towards the back of the car.
>>>
>>>Is it designed to push the air to the rad, or push the air to the block ?
>>>
>>>Thanks, Pat
>>>

>>Pat,
>> As you stand looking at the engine from the front of the car (oops, the
>>bonnet's in the way) the fan turns clockwise.
>> The fan is designed to pull air through the radiator.
>> The distributor on the other hand, turns the opposite direction just in
>>case you were wondering.
>>Best Regards,
>>Tony R.
>>"GT6s"
>>###
>>
>>Thanks Tony, but do the bent edges of the blades point to the back of the car
>?

Pat,
 Boy, how do I explain this????
 Turning clock wise looking from the front,the right side of the blade
should be pitched toward the radiator so as to grab air and pull it
toward the block, which is through the radiator.
 You could solve all your problems if you just take off the fan and hang
an electric pusher fan on the outside of the radiator. Just think of all
the neat space you will gain by not having to worry about that nasty old
fan. You can even drain the radiator while the car is leaking oil.
                           (Tongue is in cheek)
Best Regards,
Tony
###