Needed-Oil gallery plugs for TR4

To: Triumph Mail List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Needed-Oil gallery plugs for TR4
From: David Rupert <75701.242@compuserve.com>
Date: 14 Mar 96 12:14:20 EST
Hey all,

Okay, about a month or so ago I wrote about my dilemma regarding removing the
soft aluminum oil gallery plugs from my TR4 engine for hot tanking.  My worry
was that I would not be able to find replacement plugs.
Some kind gentleman (of course I don't remember who, why oh why don't I save my
messages)  responded by saying that TRF carries the replacement plugs as a
continuous stick thingy and gave me the part number.
So, I happily drilled out the old plugs, had the block hot tanked, and have now
painted it and am ready to begin reassembly.  Of course, TRF now has the oil
gallery plugs backordered 'til the cows come home.  I did find out, however,
that this part number comes as a "stick of nine", even though my motor only
needs two.  As I would like to drive my car sometime this summer, is it possible
that someone else out there has seven of these left that they would like to part
with for a small sum?  Please?  Pretty Please?

David Rupert
75701.242@compuserve.com
1967 TR4A (rigid axle)
1980 TR7 convertible