Re: TR6 Windshield Washer switch

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Windshield Washer switch
From: Bruce Krobusek <74106.1335@compuserve.com>
Date: 10 Mar 96 22:40:13 EST
>A last minute catch, it seems, is a malfunctioning windshield washer switch.

I'm assuming here that it's been verified that it is a switch problem and not a
problem with the washer motor. I had the latter, and was able to fix things
simply by taking the motor apart and putting it back together.

Regarding the switch, I don't believe that any reproductions are available.
However,
if it's anything like my '72 TR6 hazard light switch it may be repairable. I
took my
hazard light switch apart and found that the rolling cylinder of copper that's
supposed to make contact was so badly oxidized that it was preventing proper
conduction. I simply cleaned off the oxidation with a typewriter eraser,
reassembled
the switch, and now I have functioning hazard lights. (Very useful for when the
clutch or brake hydraulics give out!  :-(  )  You might suggest that they try
doing the same for the washer switch - I'd be willing to bet that will fix
things.

That aside, you might want to try British Auto in Macedon NY at 315-986-3097.
They have a fantastic supply of old Brit car parts. (I am not affiliated with
them
in any way; I'm just a satisfied customer.)

     - BAK -

      Bruce A. Krobusek
        Rochester   NY
       tinyhost@aol.com