[no subject]

From: ADU3B@aol.com
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 1996 13:38:21 -0500
Apparently-to: triumphs@autox.team.net
Greeting Worldly Scions,

An exhaustive search of all available literature has come up
with nothing, so I now look for net wisdom.

I have 5 Spit 1500 rear axles sitting in garage.  I plan to
refurbish those that are serviceable and install them on
my car(s).  Recently I noticed that 4 of these axles have
a dab of yellow paint on the inside flat surface of the inner
yoke (or flange). 1 axle has a dab of blue paint here.
I know that '73 and later axles are an inch longer.  All
my axles are the same (longer) length.  It is possible,
I suppose that the (odd) flange I have, was not originally
mated to the same axle.  Does anyone know  what
these paint marks signify?

Just wondering...
Bob Sykes   -  - -     __,@_\____
'78 Spitfires -  --    }-0-----0->
Hoping the axles I'm riding on are colour co-ordinated ;-)