Spitfire 1500 Alternator

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spitfire 1500 Alternator
From: "R. Kyle Schmidt" <rkschmid@novice.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 1996 09:13:40 -0500 (EST)
Hello All,

        It has been a while since I last wrote. The time has come for me
to do battle with the Prince of Darkness, and I have a few questions.

I have a '76 Spitfire, which I believe came from the factory with a 16ACR
alternator. Thats the first question... Should it have a 16ACR.

Now, I believe this to be the case, but the car currently has an 18ACR on
it. To me this isn't a problem as I believe it has a larger current capacity.

The 18ACR thats on there is pretty much shot. After a few new diode
packs, etc I can't really patch it up any more.

So, is there a problem with replacing it with an 18ACR again? Is this
common? If the 18ACR is no problem, can I use the AC Delco unit that was
spoke of a few weeks ago?

Thanks for your time,

Kyle

         R. Kyle Schmidt: http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/u/rkschmid/
  Avro Arrow: http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/u/rkschmid/Arrow/AvroArrow.html

             Lucas Three Position Switch: Dim, Flicker, Off.