Locked doors<199603011249.HAA00218@emout05.mail.aol.com>

To: TRHeaven@aol.com
Subject: Locked doors<199603011249.HAA00218@emout05.mail.aol.com>
From: "Richard Jackson - Network Technician ext. 2570"<RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 1996 09:39:20 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
>Boy,  these Spit door handles really are wierd.  Mine doesn't do anything
>like that.
>Mine stay locked!  The only way to open the door from the outside is if I
>have the key to unlock the door, but from the inside it opens easily.  One
>day I left my keys in the car, top & windows up, shut both doors (why do you
>always get that wierd feeling just as you shut the door and can't stop?).  I
>had to unsnap one side of the top, and crawl halfway in to retrieve my keys.
> BTW,  I only have one key to the Spit, so I couldn't get the spare key.
> (Rich, you'll probably have a field day with this!)

I used to have all sorts of problems with my doors(Still can't lock the
passenger door from outside) until I changed the exterior handle with one from
a '77 Spit I broke for spares.  My drivers door used to lock itself when I
slammed the door and wouldn't let me unlock it with the keys!! My solution to
this(Only when the soft top was on though :-)) was to undo one side of the hood
at the back, reach in and unzip the rear window and crawl in!!  My downfall
when doing this once though, was when I had just polished(I know I Know, I
won't let it happen again) the bootlid to see how well the paint would come up,
I got locked out, did the rear window routine, sat on the boot lid about to
swing my legs in through the hole, lost my balance and promptly slid off the
car landing in a heap on the floor with a cut hand for my efforts.  (Your turn
Ron)  :-)

Now, after changing my side windows to GT6 ones(with the quarter lights), I can
simply just push the window down as it doesn't lock anymore!!  So it don't
matter if the lock does play up again.  :-)

Rich