Re: clutch pedal pushrod woes..

To: Roger Garnett <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Subject: Re: clutch pedal pushrod woes..
From: "Carl Musson (EVENTS)" <musson@satie.arts.usf.edu>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 1996 18:40:32 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Just went through the same problem with mine.  Had to replace the pedal
assembly and the push rod.  Didn't change out the CMC, just exchanged
the rod.  Luckily had spares to make the fix.

Anyway, the pushrods on the TR3 are adjustable.  There is about a 1/2 to
3/4 in threaded end to the pushrod over which a U-shaped connector is
fastened.  The top end of the clutch pedal is fastened between this
connector.  You can lengthen or shorten the pushrod for proper clutch
response.
            b       |                   a) threaded pushrod
a          |--------|---                b) end piece
=======////|////   =|= <---d            c) fastening pin
           |--------|---                d) top end of clutch pedal

Food for thought....

TR3-TS25264L
|  CARL F. MUSSON, Coordinator             INTERNET: musson@arts.usf.edu  |
|            Opinions expressed are mine and not of my employer.          |