Which TR to buy?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Which TR to buy?
From: Mike <mac50@columbia.edu>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 1996 16:07:22 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

I'm not yet a triumph owner, but would like to buy one.  Could somebody
help me with the following:

1.  All things being equal, what is the most mechanically reliable triumph
    model?  Are newer models necessarily more reliable?

2.  What should I look for when I look at a prospective purchase?  What
parts on triumphs tend to rust?  Any characteristic egine problems to
look for?

3.  Is it better to buy a restored or unrestored car?

Answers to these questions and any other advice on the topic greatly
appreciated!

Mike
mac50@columbia.edu