TR6 Elec ground prob-Solved

To: rgb@exact.com
Subject: TR6 Elec ground prob-Solved
From: JoeSimcoe@aol.com
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 1996 11:27:02 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Earlier Roger Bolick advised:

<but on TR6's I see one consistent problem.  No ground wire to the body>

<you'll note the ground voltage to be about +2V at the lights, plus is about
+11.5V, so the bulbs only get 9.5V.  When you hit the headlights this drops
further.>

<The original negative wire had a stub that bolted into the hole under the
battery on the firewall just lower than the trottle cross shaft.>

This was all in response to a problem that we had with the temperature gauge
reading which increased when the lights were on.  Addition of ground wire to
body SOLVED the problem.

Thanks to Roger -

Joe and Grace