Re: Differential Fluid Change

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, J Gautreau <gautreau@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Differential Fluid Change
From: Jim Sickler <jimsickl@icon-stl.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 1996 10:23:27 -0600
J Gautreau wrote:

> You wrote:
> >
> >What is the correct way to drain the differential to change the
> fluid??  Am I
> >correct that there is no drain plug, (at which point I gave up
> Saturday !!! )
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >JoeSImcoe
> >

> JOe
>
> The various quick change oil companies that have sprung up like weeds
> over the past few years use an air driven vacuum pump to remove diff
> oil. I just had my 1985 CJ7 done last week. (Both front and rear diffs,
> tranmission and transfer case, oil and filter.
>
> it was $19.95 per 'unit'
>
> JOe Gautreau
>
> 70 TR 6
> 85 CJ
> 92 Explorer
> 88 FOrd wagon

Don't be lazy now, if the car has a diff. cover, take it off
and INSPECT the works. Plus if you like "shiny things", paint
the cover and replace the hardware with stainless or even chrome
(ugh) cover bolts. BTW don't forget, synthetics are out there
"long life" fluid changes. It dosen't smell "as" bad either.
Jim
78 TR7