Re: Plasti-guage? - Late Spit frame rust -"off" topics (long)

To: ADU3B@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Plasti-guage? - Late Spit frame rust -"off" topics (long)
From: KVacek@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 1996 23:53:22 -0500
Item 1:

When replacing studs, screws, bolts, etc., I use the old ones for the trial
torquing, and once assured that all clearances are correct, dissassemble,
clean, and reassemble with the new fasteners.  Then again, many fasteners are
OK for multiple re-uses, even if racing or otherwise overstressing the
engine.

BTW -- (and shame on me in advance for even mentioning such a thing) THIS
EVEN WORKS ON OTHER THAN LBC's !!!

        thanks... i'm feeling a little better now...  bye

-Karl