Re: Thanks for sump/oil pump advice

To: "Richard Jackson - Network Technician ext. 2570" <RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Thanks for sump/oil pump advice
From: "Chris Boston" <cboston@zeu.tt.umist.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 1995 16:54:04 +0000 "Re: Thanks for sump/oil pump advice" (Oct 4, 4:26pm)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
All this support is great, I salute you all,

You're all saying approx. the same thing - I should have primed the thing
before fitting...somebody tell that to the B.L. repair manual writers.

How would it be possible to refit the pump without all the oil falling out?
(fitting upside down without any bolts/gasket to hold it together, etc.)

I prefer the idea of priming from the pressure switch much more than via the
distributer drive shaft. (I'm a novice and would need to be shown that
particular technique before I would dare try it - I've never even stripped a
distributer before.)

As richard says, somebody please enlighten me.

And yes I am desperate because I use the spit as my ONLY driver. (I don't count
my wife's car as she doesn't let me borrow it unless I have to carry things). -
cross-thread to the "TR6 as an everyday driver" thread.

Chris.
       1977 - Spitfire 1500 O/D.

--
--
-- "What is the use ", asked Alice, "Of a book with no pictures?"