Importing Cars From England

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Importing Cars From England
From: "Steven Semeraro, ATR, (202) 514-8374" <semerasx@justice.usdoj.gov>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 1995 16:52:18 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Thanks to everyone who sent me information.  I have now confirmed
with EPA that any car over 21-years-old does not have to meet any
emmissions regulations.  DOT confirms that any car over
25-years-old does not need to conform to safety requirements.
The cut-off date used to be January 1, 1968, but the 21 and 25
year rules now apply.

Can anyone recommend a shipper/importer?

Does anyone know whether Virginia has any screwy rules about
titling an imported car?

Many thanks.  Please e-mail me directly as I'm not on the list.

Steve Semeraro