Spitfire Wheels

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire Wheels
From: rvince00@counsel.com (Ross Vincente -- TransAmer. Financial - Los Angeles )
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 95 11:12:55 EDT

 To:    Triumph Mail List,      Triumph Subscribers     Inet

 If you are looking for a Panasport knockoff, there are a couple
of companies that make a look alike wheel with a bolt pattern to
fit Spitfires for about $100 each.  I was given a free copy of a
motorsport magazine dedicated to autocrossing enthusiasts (darned
if I can remember the name right now though), and there was an ad
in there for the faux Panasports.  The ad included a partial
listing of applications and the Spitfire was listed.  I intend to
order a set myself (as soon as the cash flow situation improves).

I will check the magazine when I get home tonight and will give
you the address, etc. tomorrow if you are interested.  BTW, if you
come up with an alternate plan let me know -- I may be interested
in doing the same.  One last point, simply from observing how the
rear end of my 64 Spitfire sits it appears that anything wider
than a 5.5" or 6" rim will cause rubbing against the rear inner
fenders, and in fact I believe it was Andy Mace or Mark B. who
kindly pointed out this same fact to me earlier.  So, don't
dispair over the RX-7 rims and tires -- I doubt that the 8" rims
would have fit even if the bolt pattern worked. :-)  Regards,

Ross D. Vincenti
64 Spit. Mk I, 68 Datsun 1600 Roadster and a cat named Flounder.