Re: spitfire 1500 engine problem- follow up

To: b_martin@lifesci.lscf.ucsb.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: spitfire 1500 engine problem- follow up
From: SCHWANGAU@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 1995 11:47:40 -0400
Lots of other motors will fit, but only with massive amounts of time put into
the details of the job.  Not hard stuff, just details.  Barry Schwartz in San
Diego put a Ford 2.8 V6 in his.  It came from a Mustang II; Pinto, or Capri
or something.  Fits and works good.  Looks like a million bucks too!

Stick with another spit motor if you are on a budget.  They are cheap enough
and easy enough to come by.

I have a spare 1500 motor, here in Los Gatos, which I was trying to sell
earlier, but I decided to rebuild it in put it into my 65 MKII.

Just passed up a 79 with no reg. Good motor with Weber side draught and
Overdrive.  $500.  This was the car you needed.

Keep looking.  and Good Luck.

Brian N.

79 Spitfire
65 Spitfire