Info Unleaded Fuel

To: stag@homer.balltown.cma.com (Receipt Notification Requested) (Non Receipt Notification Requested), triumphs@autox.team.net (Receipt Notification Requested) (Non Receipt Notification Requested)
Subject: Info Unleaded Fuel
From: BRIAN.TINK@AG.ausgovag.telememo.au
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 1995 08:47:35 +1000
Alternate-recipient: Allowed
X400-content-type: P2-1984 (2)
X400-mts-identifier: [/PRMD=AUSGOVAG/ADMD=TELEMEMO/C=AU/;AGCAN2 Sep 19 08:47:33 1995]
X400-originator: BRIAN.TINK@AG.ausgovag.telememo.au
X400-received: by mta clix.aarnet.edu.au in /PRMD=OZ.AU/ADMD=TELEMEMO/C=AU/; Relayed; Tue, 19 Sep 1995 08:49:59 +1000
X400-received: by /PRMD=/ADMD=otc/C=au/; Relayed; Tue, 19 Sep 1995 08:48:58 +1000
X400-received: by /PRMD=AUSGOVAG/ADMD=TELEMEMO/C=AU/; Relayed; Tue, 19 Sep 1995 08:47:35 +1000
X400-recipients: stag@lists.balltown.cma.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Gentlemen, folks and others
I seek some info

In Australia there has been recent report in the media about a big increase in
the incidence of Asthma over the last few years and all the authorities and
researchers are asking Why

I heard a year or so back that research carried out in Belgium linked the
increase of Leukaemia to the increased use of Unleaded fuel

More recently I heard rumors that there had been  an increase in nose and
throat cancers in the USA  and speculation indicated a link to Unleaded Fuel.

Last Year the British House of Commons and the British Motor Transport
Department held separate enquiries and both came to the same conclusions......
That is the the question of unleaded fuel should be re-examined and that car
manufactures will have to install pre-heated Cat Converters because the current
generation of Cat Converters do not work until they reach 400 degrees C.  Which
says something about the use of unleaded in older cars that do not have cat
converters.

Here in Canberra I found a newspaper article which spoke about the health
hazards and warned not to use unleaded fuel in outboard motors, garden
equipment such as mowers, whipper snippers,  do not use it for cleaning, do not
inhale the fumes, etc etc

This is not unexpected particularly when one realises that the general public
have been conned into removing leaded because we have been told that our kids
will be dumb and in order to retain the octane rating the lead has been
substituted with Toluenes and benzines which are known carcinogenics.

 Recently we had heavies from the Shell company to a club meeting and they
refused point blank to discuss this issue and where paraniod about the
prospects of some organisation in New Zealand that had been place adds in the
newspapers highlighting the health issues.

The purpose of this Email is .... Can someone provide details of these or other
similar type of reports and steer me towards where I could obtain copies

yours in motoring

Brian Tink
'74 Stag
'78 2500S