Re: Spit 1500:leaky brakes

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spit 1500:leaky brakes
From: TinyHost@aol.com
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 1995 22:55:51 -0400
>I just noticed a steady drip of brake fluid running down the back of the
>pedal lever and dripping from the pedal making a nice puddle in the
>capet of the drivers floor!  Presumably this fluid is coming down from
> the master cyl.;

I had the exact same problem with my TR6. At the very least you will need
to rebuild your master cylinder. The brake fluid is leaking from your MC and
is now trying to fill up your vacuum servo (boost). Remove the MC and see if
you ned to rebuild/replace it. Remove the vacuum servo and drain all of the
brake fluid out of it, then slosh some alcohol around in it to try to get rid
of
the brake fluid remnants.

As far as whether or not your brakes could suddenly fail, it's hard to say. I
kind of doubt it. However, brake fluid isn't compatible with most kinds of
shoes!   :)   I ended up with brake fluid all over my shoes as well as on the
floor.

        Bruce Krobusek
        Rochester   NY
       tinyhost@aol.com