Re: TeriAnn's tweaked 4-cyl TR engine

To: rkriggs@hsv28.pcmail.ingr.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TeriAnn's tweaked 4-cyl TR engine
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 95 11:59:14 -0700
In message <3056D969@hubsmp9.pcmail.ingr.com> "Riggs, R. (Kevin)" writes:

> TeriAnn,
>
> > [description of TeriAnn's bitchin' motor deleted]
>
> It's nice to see you participating in the TR talk, TeriAnn!  Will you let us
> know when you have had a chance to drive this new car of yours?!  I wish I
> had your patience...
>
> Kevin Riggs
> '72 TR6
> rkriggs@ingr.com
> Huntsville, AL

Thanks, Kevin

I wish I had more time, a garage and needed less patience.  Did I mention that i
blew my chances at concourse wins in the engine bay (but still strongly in the
running as long as you don't pop the bonnet (after I get it mounted).

You can get away with a finned Al sump & valve cover because you can show
Triumph part numbers (or at least I think you can for the valve cover).  I got
everything correct, from the gray tach & speedomotor cables, to the proper black
wrinkle finish in the correct part of the wiper motor, and the routing of the
tube from the correct factory optional washer bottle.

Alas, I can't say that DCOEs or a chromed four tube header (Only chromed part
under bonnet) were factory options.  Also, alas... I go crazy when I have a
polisher wheel in hand.  I cann't help it.  I just look at an unpainted pice of
metal and my hands start reaching for the polishing wheel.  I cann't stop them.

The upper and lower thermostat housing is now polished, as are the intake
manifolds, the brass filler neck of the radiator, carb linkage, valve cover and
the heater valve (handle still thankfully green), and all the stainless steel
hydrolic lines.  I admit the body fixings in the engine bay are polished
stainless steel.  And the worst of it is that when I put them on, the flats on
the heads end up all aligned....I can't help it.  The good news is that I have
been able to contain this problem to the engine bay....well almost, but it does
look showroom correct and new as long as you don't open the bonnet....
or look too closely at the polished rock guards at the leading edge of the rear
wings, or put my overly bright grill next to an unpolished grill.

I'd probably lose a couple of points for the wood motoleta steering wheel too,
and the fact that you can see the external oil cooler and electric fan (needed
when using harmonic dampener on street TR) through the grill

Well maybe she won't win a concourse, maybe she would get stuck in a VTR
compitition class in a concourse, but she's mine & I think she's cute Hot rodded
polished up engine bay & all.

I just about to get the last of my windscreen frame assy back from the chromer.
Should have it mounted before too long.  Maybe the rear bumpers this weekend.

TeriAnn