Re: Synthetic trans lube

To: JMardy%aol.com_at_internet_gateway@prairie.sc.intel.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Synthetic trans lube
From: Mike A Gendimenico <Mike_A_Gendimenico@ccm.sc.intel.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 95 08:55:25 PST
Text item:

I've been using Redline MTL for a couple of years in my GT6 (non-OD).  You
should not be using GL5 type oils in the tranny bceause of the brass and I've
seen references to this regarding diffs also.  I've been meaning to also put
Redline in the Diff.  It's good stuff.  They have a tech line you can call
for questions like this.  I think they're based in Martinez, CA.

Mike

I'm a big fan of Red Line synthetic gear oil, it made a dramatic difference
in the feel of the transmission in my Mazda Miata.  I would like to know if
it is safe to put in my TR250 trans (with A-type overdrive).  Has anyone used
this in their LBC?

I've been using Valvoline 80/90 Hypoid, but based on John Wroclawski's mail,
I shouldn't.  Straight SAE50? really?

John Mardesich
'68 TR250, Marin County, CA

Text item: External Message Header