Re: Uni-Syn/rubber hose etc.

Subject: Re: Uni-Syn/rubber hose etc.
From: Mike A Gendimenico <Mike_A_Gendimenico@ccm.sc.intel.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 95 08:54:52 PST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Text item:

For any of you doing SU or Stromberg carb tuning, I would highly suggest using
Scott Fishers SU tuning guide available fron the team.net archives.  Although
written up for SUs it's easily adaptable to Strombergs (what I did).  It's
better than the procedure in the Haynes manual and it explains the use of
Uni-syn and colour tune along with troubleshooting hints.  BTW, I use both of
these tools, (if you've got a good ear, the hose will sub for the Uni-syn) and
it was the best $50 I spent to get my carbs set up correctly.

Mike

> There has been a thread about the relative merits of uni-syn and colourtune
> recently...
>
> I don't know what either of them do...or even what they are (if there is a
> difference).
>
> Can anybody spare a few minutes to jot down a brief summary of the
> features/uses/cost of each and/or similar devices.

c     Chris, These are indicator tools that help in adjusting
     carbs. Uni-syn measure the air flow to the carbs so both
     are drawing the same amount of air. It is placed over the
     opening of the carb and you adjust the idle screw to obtain
     a mid range reading. Then placed over the other carb and
     adjust to obtain the same reading. You are adjusting air
     intake. Colourtune is for ajusting the fuel mixture. It is
     a glass spark plug which is used inplace of one of the
     plugs and as the jet is ajusted, rich or lean, the color
     of the burning gases in the combustion chamber can be
     seen. You adjust the color per the directions that come with
     the device.

     paul

Text item: External Message Header

Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 1995 09:57:39 -0400 (EDT)
To: cboston@zeu.tt.umist.ac.uk
Subject: Re: Uni-Syn for beginners?
From: Paul Osborne <paul@ee.rochester.edu>
     (Smail3.1.28.1 #3) id m0sst2D-0002Q6a; Wed, 13 Sep 95 07:43 WET DST