Re: TR4 fender beads

To: Bitparts@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR4 fender beads
From: aj253@rgfn.epcc.Edu (Tony Robinson)
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 95 23:50:54 MDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

Warren,
  I found the best way to install the fender bead is to loosen fender
screw on inside  of engine compartment, slide one retaining clip on
strip as far forward as it will go. Insert retaining clip in gap
between outer fender and inner fender panel and tape into position
with masking tape.
  It is a pretty good idea to position and insert all the retaining
vlips and snug up the fender screws. From the inside of the fender
well, grasp the tab of the retaining clip with a good pair of pliers and
twist the tab. This is what holds the strip in place.

After all clips are twisted, they can still be somehat repositioned if
need be. Once positioned, tighten down fender screws securely.
 As a point of interest, I have yet to see a set of fender bead strips
fit exactly, especially if you get them from Moss.
 Good luck.

Trying to get ready for Taos?
I still haven't decided yet. I ordered a tranx for 68 GT6, expect it
this week. I still need a set of road gears for the rear end.

Tony R.
69GT6
68GT6
64TR4