Re: tweaking a 4 cyl TR engine

To: "'triumphs'" <triumphs@triumph.cs.utah.edu>
Subject: Re: tweaking a 4 cyl TR engine
From: Tom Gentry <TGENTR@wgc.woodward.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 95 12:19:00 PDT
Encoding: 30 TEXT
Just remember that the factory competition manuals DO NOT tell you
everything they knew, nor any development since.

I talked to Kas Kastner at an IMSA race a few years ago and he
mentioned that there were many tweaks that didn't get into the comp.
manual.  I suppose that while Triumph wanted privateers to do well,
it would be job threatening to Kas (or whoever) if the "works" cars
were not a bit faster.

Tom Gentry
72 TR-6 OD
Rockford, IL