Replacing ALL shocks

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Replacing ALL shocks
From: rvince00@counsel.com (Ross Vincente -- TransAmer. Financial - Los Angeles )
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 95 11:28:45 EDT
 To:    Triumph Mail List,      Triumph Subscribers     Inet

On 9/10 a subscriber wrote:

I'd be glad to receive any advice on the best approach on
replacing all  four shocks.  Such comments as, "WHATEVER YOU DO,
DON'T UNDO THE ?@^$*  BECAUSE THE WHOLE ASSEMBLY FLIES APART!!!!"
would be greatly appreciated.  This Newsgroup has been great for
me since I just don't have the time to  read, re-read and
implement some of the workshop manuals sequenced method  to
replace or repair a component.  Haynes has let me down a few
times I'm  afraid; they do omit critical information on occasion!

Other advice I would also like to hear is,
"since you are replacing all four shocks, you should  replace the
?#*&$@ to save time in the future."

Are they lever action or tube shocks????

Ross Vincenti - 64 Spit. Mk I/Herald motor/Mk II Exh. manifold/Mk
I dual SU carbs./God knows what else; 68 Datsun 1600 roadster