Re: Parts Preservation

To: JHarroun@aol.com
Subject: Re: Parts Preservation
From: aj253@rgfn.epcc.Edu (Tony Robinson)
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 95 11:47:22 MDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, Cc:@rgfn.epcc.Edu

>Hello All,
>
>As I am finally making some progress on my TR-3 restoration, I have some
>leftover parts which I want to hold onto as "spares".  The problem is they
>have a tendancy to deteriorate over time if I just leave them in boxes under
>my workbench.  For example, I have a spare carburetor.  I would have had two
>spare carburetors, but one of them corroded so badly in storage I had to
>throw it away.
>
>I would like to clean up my spares and coat them with some environmentally
>legal Cosmoline substitute.  Any suggestions?
>
>Jim H
>TR-3B "Kit" owner  (Some Assembly Required)

Jim H.,
  A good substitute is to wipe down parts with a silicone "gun cleaning"
cloth, then wrap the part in the cloth and store in air tight container.
Silicone cleaning cloth is available at Sporting goods stores,K-mart and
just about anyplace that sells hunting and fishing supplies.
Tony R.
69GT6
68GT6
64TR4