Re: TR6 Thrust Bearings

To: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@triumph.cs.utah.edu>, ssutton@ban.CHINALAKE.NAVY.MIL
Subject: Re: TR6 Thrust Bearings
From: paisley@boulder.nist.gov (Scott W. Paisley)
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 1995 07:47:23 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
mjb writes:

> Yes, install different sizes of new thrust washers as needed.  No
> real reason to worry about which goes where, though I tend to put
> the thicker of the two towards the rear.  This is the one that takes
> the load from the clutch springs.

I installed the thicker of the two towards the front.  Simply because
putting it in the rear shifted the crank a bit much and put the timing
gear more forward than in-line with the cam gear.

Of course, I'm nit picking, but I figured I might get an extra 10
miles of wear out of the timing chain.  :-)

Put the thrust washers in and then check to see if the two timing
gears line up.  Be sure to shift the crank in both directions.

-Scotty
 '75 TR6
 '70 TR6