Re: Spit front side marker lamps

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spit front side marker lamps
From: S1500@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 1995 09:58:45 -0400
Hello All;

Richard Jackson wrote:
>I know thats it might be a bit of a long way to go for such a small part,
but
>T.D.Fitchett in Telford, England,(See the list I mailed yesterday) sells
them
>for around 10 pounds(15 dollars) a pair.

Bob adds:
I think we have a bit of a translation problem with the words 'side lamps'.
IMHO these are not what the traditional Brit 'side lights'
The parts that are being sought here in the US are the US madated
<side marker lamps>.  These are a combination reflector / lamp mounted
to the sides of the vehicle.  Amber in front, red in rear.  These lamps
were *not* fitted to UK home market vehicles.

Unfortunately the rubber bits which Patrick and George seek have
been unavailable for quite some time.  They are not included (to my
knowledge) even if you bought the whole lamp assembly.  To make
things worse,  all four of these lamps use slightly different rubber
gaskets.  Although they could be interchanged somewhat, upsetting
the angle of the lamps.  A very similar lamp can be found on some
M* M*dgets.

Hope this helps

Bob Sykes
75, 78, 78 Spitfires
(could use a couple of said rubber parts myself)