Re: TR-4 w/posi-trac

To: MR PATRICK J MCMULLEN <VDPY33A@prodigy.com>
Subject: Re: TR-4 w/posi-trac
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 1995 07:51:19 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Wed, 26 Jul 1995, MR PATRICK J MCMULLEN wrote:

> I saw some postings awhile back about installing a Ford Detroit
> Locker differential in a Triumph live axle housing.

        Pat,
        I was looking for a clutch type posi that would replace the
        "locker" type posi that was installed in my TR4 a couple of years
        ago. I'm afraid that the shock transmitted to the transmission
        through the drive line (when the posi "hooks up") to wasn't doing
        it any good. I was looking for a comlpete replacement for the entire
        differential (case included) that could be fitted to the TR4 with a
        minimum of modification (perhaps a Mustang II rear end that has a
        similar bolt pattern or [gag] a Datsun). So far I have had no
        luck locating any one who could tell me whether I could or not,
        or how to go about it.

        Foe your  purposes try Moss motor who advertise the "locker" style
        posi.

        Good luck,
        Greg Petrolati

gpetrola@prairienet.org                         1962