Re: TR 6 won't turnover

To: gschneid@nicmad.nicolet.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR 6 won't turnover
From: CWNicholls@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 1995 08:47:18 -0400
Any set of jumpers that won't start a dead battery car should be thrown out!
 I've only experienced a hard start  with cheap X-mart aluminum wired type
when trying to start a big V-8!  My jumpers now are multi-stranded
pure-copper welding cables, the copper part the diameter of your middle
finger, very flexible (even in winter here in Massachusetts) 16 feet long
with large copper clamps at each end.  They work every time!

I aggree that maybe you have a bad connection and charging from the mercedes
for a while (diesel?  UGHH!! how tacky) may help.

The key is a set of good cables, connect the negative to the block and not a
manifold.  this delivers max power to the starter. (Alternator bracket OK),
Positive to the positive battery cable.  If there isn't another problem, such
as a bad starter or solenoid or connection somewhere (which I suspect there
is, check the contacts between the battery and the starter) you should be
able to start your TR with jumpers no problem!

Good luck and let me know how you make out!

Clark