Re: Oil Light Shutoff

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil Light Shutoff
From: TinyHost@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 1995 22:11:38 -0400
>> For the TR6's I've seen an optional oil line which
>> routes oil directly to the valve cover to help alleviate some of the
>> problems caused by this design.
>
>I assume that you are referring to the external oil feed to the
>rocker shaft, sold as extra equipment.

You assume correctly.  :)  I've only seen the oil line in the catalogs - I
was
guessing as to where it would actually attach on the car.

>Instead, it is a short-circuit of a restriction in the rocker shaft oil
feed.

Is this a worthwhile mod? And does it require the spin-on filter adapter?

And one has to ask the (admittedly) silly question: Why would an engine
be designed with an oil feed restriction? Seems stupid to this uninformed
individual...

        Bruce Krobusek
        Rochester   NY
       tinyhost@aol.com