Re: Exhaust Notes

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Exhaust Notes
From: gschneid@nicmad.nicolet.com (Gary Schneider)
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 95 12:09:29 CDT
>TR4guyinVA@aol.com wrote:
>Another query for our panel:   Has anyone ever had true dual exhuasts on a 4
>cyl TR?  I don't mean a "y" pipe after passing through the frame center
>section.  I mean will two pipes fit through that section?  Secondly would the
>resulting note be cruddy with only two cyls per muffler?  (cyls 1&4 and 2&3
>for each muffler respectively.  That's the way the header splits them up
>anyway)

I don't know about the TR4 specifically, but the Monza twin-pipe TR6
exhaust has two tiny tubes passing through the frame channel. I am certain
the combined area is much less than one decent size pipe and the flow is
probably exponentially less as a result. (Always wished I'd taken a fluid
dynamics class, but I guess I'll wait till they make the movie.) I agree
about the silliness of quad tips. So I'm also much interested in others
exhaust experience & opinions.

--
Gary Schneider
Nicolet Instrument Technologies, 5225-4 Verona Road, Madison, WI 53711 USA