RE: TR6 VIN Numbers

To: meboe@wsunix.wsu.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR6 VIN Numbers
From: DANIELS@LMSBV3.TAMU.EDU (Lee Daniels, daniels@tamu.edu)
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 1995 17:03:26 -0600 (CST)
>Several months ago, a few of you were wondering if perhaps the 74 TR-6's
>that live on the list have similar VIN #'s.  So, just for general
>interest's sake I checked my car and saw CF 0024684 UO.  So if
>that's close to others' cars, I'd be interested in hearing from you.

OK, mine's CF 0023183 UO, which supposedly puts it *before* the 74-1/2
switch to the rubber bumper overriders, but mine has them.  I do know that
the left front fender of mine has been replaced, so perhaps the bumpers are
not original, either.  A couple of days ago I saw a TR6 drive by that had
the overriders on the front but not the rear! - i.e. obviously one was a
replacement.  Rubber baby buggy bumpers.

I see that yours also has overdrive (the "O" at the end), and was a U.S.
market car (the "U").  Gotta love that "O".  Both my '6 and the 'B that
shouldn't be mine are so equipped, and I'm definitely spoiled.  Now if I
could just get that TR6 body back on the frame...

Lee M. Daniels   Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding   Texas A&M
 daniels@tamu.edu            (409) 845-3726          Fax (409) 845-9351