Mystery Triumph Theatre 3000

To: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Subject: Mystery Triumph Theatre 3000
From: Greg Meboe <meboe@wsunix.wsu.edu>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 1995 12:19:13 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Thu, 9 Mar 1995, Ken Streeter wrote:

> I am having problems bleeding the front brakes of my TR6.  Why am I
>
>   Moving on to the front brakes however, I
> found that when opening the bleed nipple, nothing comes out, when my
> wife presses on the brakes.  Nothing; no air, no brake fluid, nothing.

Ken, did you inform your wife that the brake pedal is the one in the
middle?   Oh ouch. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

        Anyway, it sounds like your PDWA is tripped.  This would close off
the front hydraulic circuit and leave the back functional.  It's easy to
trip this when bleeding the brakes.  Recentering the piston can be as
easy as opening a line and pressing on the brakes till 1 click is heard,
or it can be somewhat more difficult, involving partial disassembly of
the PDWA unit.    Your Haynes manual will outline the easy centering
method, and should also explain how the PDWA works.
        If you need an O-ring kit for the PDWA, I believe Roadster stocks
them.
        Good luck.

                Greg
                            Greg Meboe     meboe@wsunix.wsu.edu
                            Dept. of Mechanical and Materials Engineering
                            Washington State University,  Pullman, Wa.
                            '85 XJ-12 H.E. (daily)  '67 Spit-6 '74 TR-6