Re: [Tigers] The answer to a question that no one asked...

To: Jim B <jbsyv@yahoo.com>, Jim B via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] The answer to a question that no one asked...
From: GARY WINBLAD <garywinblad@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2022 08:17:51 -0400 (EDT)

------=_Part_1076092_1426761710.1664799471736

This same thing happened when horses became obsolete, some people just don'=
t adapt
to modern technology.
Nothing wrong with electric cars except the price and fear that the power g=
rid won't support
all of them.
Most of us Tiger guys won't live long enough (unfortunately) to worry about=
 this one.
Most of my miles now is our Prius Prime running on solar panel charged elec=
tricity.  All
our local trips can be done with the 30 mile ranged but it gets 70MPG on tr=
ips, great
transportation device!
73,
Gary
Oh, I like that sound device, I have been thinking of how I could build one=
 myself.  The
Prius has the worst worn out brake pad sound of scraping, screeching sounde=
r to warm blind
pedestrians.. where the heck did they come up with that, a V8 burble would =
be so much
better.

>     On 10/03/2022 1:00 AM Jim B via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net> wrote:
>=20
>=20
>     Okay, here is my take. My first impression is this is as stupid as st=
upid gets. I did hear somewhere that =E2=80=9Csome=E2=80=9D people are worr=
ied about deaf and/or blind folks not being able to hear an approaching EV.=
 From experience, I can tell you that NO ONE even hears my F150. Many peopl=
e step into traffic around here without even looking. We will probably repl=
ace my wife=E2=80=99s compact SUV with an EV in the near future. We already=
 have a solar array designed to make up for the juice required and I plan t=
o install a level 2 charger in the garage. We almost never travel far enoug=
h in that car to have to look for a charging station. As for us California =
guys, speaking for myself, I think I=E2=80=99ll be long gone before there i=
s absolutely no petrol to be had. Somewhere down the line, it will probably=
 get very expensive to buy (as if it is not bad already) but, I have to act=
ually make a point of driving the Tiger and my big block Ford just to keep =
em running right. Car shows and Sunday drives are the norm.=20
>     With all that said; I kinda like the George Jetson sound idea! I can =
see EV drivers gettin creative with sound effects. That could be a hoot. AN=
D, I have to admit that I clothes pinned playing cards into the spokes of m=
y bicycle as a kid!=20
ndiver@gmail.com mailto:jd.sencindiver@gmail.com > wrote:
> >=20
> >         Just saw (this weekend) the Borla system get installed on a Mus=
tang MachE on an episode of All Girls Garage (Motor Trend TV).
s://www.borla.com/products/active-performance-sound-for-electric-vehicles/
> > >=20
> > >=20
> > >=20
> > >         > >         _______________________________________________
> >=20
> >         tigers@autox.team.net mailto:tigers@autox.team.net
> >=20
> >         Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> >         Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team=
.net/archive
> >=20
> >         Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/jbsyv=
@yahoo.com
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >     >=20
>=20
>=20
>=20

------=_Part_1076092_1426761710.1664799471736

<!doctype html>
 <head>=20
 </head>
   This same thing happened when horses became obsolete, some people just d=
on't adapt
   to modern technology.
   Nothing wrong with electric cars except the price and fear that the powe=
r grid won't support
   all of them.
   Most of us Tiger guys won't live long enough (unfortunately) to worry ab=
out this one.
   Most of my miles now is our Prius Prime running on solar panel charged e=
lectricity.&nbsp; All
   our local trips can be done with the 30 mile ranged but it gets 70MPG on=
 trips, great
   transportation device!
   73,
   Gary
   Oh, I like that sound device, I have been thinking of how I could build =
one myself.&nbsp; The
   Prius has the worst worn out brake pad sound of scraping, screeching sou=
nder to warm blind
   pedestrians.. where the heck did they come up with that, a V8 burble wou=
ld be so much
   better.
    On 10/03/2022 1:00 AM Jim B via Tigers &lt;tigers@autox.team.net&gt; wr=
ote:
 My first impression is this is as stupid as stupid gets. I did&nbsp;hear&n=
bsp;somewhere that&nbsp;=E2=80=9Csome=E2=80=9D people are worried about dea=
f and/or blind folks not being able to hear an approaching EV. From experie=
nce, I can tell you that NO ONE even hears my F150. Many people step into t=
raffic around here without even looking. We will probably replace my wife=
=E2=80=99s compact SUV with an EV in the near future. We already have a sol=
ar array&nbsp;designed to make up for the juice required and I plan to inst=
all a level 2 charger in the garage. We almost never travel far enough in t=
hat car to have to look for a charging station. As for us California guys, =
speaking for myself, I think I=E2=80=99ll be long gone&nbsp;before there is=
 absolutely no petrol to be had. Somewhere down the line, it will probably =
get very expensive to buy (as if it is not bad already) but, I have to actu=
ally make a point of driving the Tiger and my big block Ford just to keep e=
m running right. Car shows and Sunday drives are the norm.&nbsp;</span>
kinda like the George Jetson sound idea! I can see EV drivers gettin creati=
ve with sound effects. That could be a hoot. AND, I have to admit that I&nb=
sp;clothes pinned&nbsp;playing cards into the spokes of my bicycle as a kid=
!&nbsp;</span>
       On Oct 2, 2022, at 8:14 PM, Jim Sencindiver &lt;<a class=3D"" href=
=3D"mailto:jd.sencindiver@gmail.com";>jd.sencindiver@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote=
:
        Just saw (this weekend) the Borla system get installed on a Mustang=
 MachE on an episode of All Girls Garage (Motor Trend TV).
         On Sun, Oct 2, 2022, 9:39 PM Stu &lt;<a class=3D"" href=3D"mailto:=
sabre2tgr@gmail.com">sabre2tgr@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:
            Just what every&nbsp;EV owner&nbsp;needs...
            <a class=3D"" target=3D"_blank" href=3D"https://www.borla.com/p=
roducts/active-performance-sound-for-electric-vehicles/" rel=3D"noopener">B=
orla Active Performance Sound for Electric Vehicles</a>
rs@autox.team.net" rel=3D"noopener">tigers@autox.team.net</a>
p://www.team.net/donate.html" rel=3D"noopener">http://www.team.net/donate.h=
tml</a>
tp://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers" rel=3D"noopener">http://www.team.net/pi=