[Tigers] ignition diagnosis

To: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] ignition diagnosis
From: clyde mclaughlin via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 14:40:38 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_175795_224432.1642689638149

I ran into a very informative article today from a post I get from "Classic=
 Motorsports". It was titled "9 easy steps to diagnose ignition problems". =
=C2=A0I would encourage all to read. =C2=A0One major point is that more run=
ning issues are usually ignition issues but wrongly blamed on the carbureto=
r. =C2=A0I was an auto tech my whole working career and can't tell you how =
many times I saw running issues blamed on the carburetor when that was not =
the case. =C2=A0I used to hear all the time"These rebuilt carbs just aren't=
 as good as they used to be" after they replaced three of them and the prob=
lem was still the same! =C2=A0Don't you think maybe the carb wasn't the pro=
blem?? =C2=A0It's a good read and pay attention to the use of a basic test =
light, they are great for basic quick diagnosis of the ignition, sometime e=
ven better than a DVOM, especially if you are on the side of the road, but =
remember if these simple diagnosis still are inconclusive you will need a =
=C2=A0good ignition scope and a tech that knows how to use it ...As a side =
note the same post had a good article on SU carbs if you happen to have a c=
ar with one or more on it. =C2=A0
------=_Part_175795_224432.1642689638149

article today from a post I get from "Classic Motorsports". It was titled "=
9 easy steps to diagnose ignition problems". &nbsp;I would encourage all to=
 read. &nbsp;One major point is that more running issues are usually igniti=
on issues but wrongly blamed on the carburetor. &nbsp;I was an auto tech my=
 whole working career and can't tell you how many times I saw running issue=
s blamed on the carburetor when that was not the case. &nbsp;I used to hear=
 all the time"These rebuilt carbs just aren't as good as they used to be" a=
fter they replaced three of them and the problem was still the same! &nbsp;=
Don't you think maybe the carb wasn't the problem?? &nbsp;It's a good read =
and pay attention to the use of a basic test light, they are great for basi=
c quick diagnosis of the ignition, sometime even better than a DVOM, especi=
ally if you are on the side of the road, but remember if these simple diagn=
osis still are inconclusive you will need a &nbsp;good ignition scope and a=
 tech that knows how to use it ...As a side note the same post had a good a=
rticle on SU carbs if you happen to have a car with one or more on it. &nbs=

------=_Part_175795_224432.1642689638149--

--===============7896118580505480039==