Re: [Tigers] Is it possible to change the intake manifold with the engin

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Is it possible to change the intake manifold with the engine in the Tiger?
From: Tom Witt via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2020 08:27:35 -0700

--------------14EBB6EB7237E816AA910A0E

Don't see why not. The distributor will need to come out for forward
movement. And depending on the valve cover overhang at least one cover
(recommend the passenger side because of its more forward placement)
might have to come off. A few of the rear bolts may be somewhat
difficult being under the firewall. Apparently that guy at Rootes that
swung that big ole sledge hammer at the firewall just didn't hit it hard
enough. :-D (just kidding of course)

On 7/2/2020 8:05 AM, R Flynn wrote:
> Subject says it all really - will I be able to change the intake
> manifold on my 289 with the engine still in the Tiger.
>
> It currently has a 70s fuel crisis era Offenhauser Dual Port 360 which
> I want to swap out for a Edelbrock.
>
> Any & all advice welcome - cheers in advance!
> --
> rick
> B9471206: http://www.tigersunited.com/car_show/flynn_r/default.asp

--------------14EBB6EB7237E816AA910A0E

  <head>
  </head>
      forward movement. And depending on the valve cover overhang at
      least one cover (recommend the passenger side because of its more
      forward placement) might have to come off. A few of the rear bolts
      may be somewhat difficult being under the firewall. Apparently
      that guy at Rootes that swung that big ole sledge hammer at the
      firewall just didn't hit it hard enough. <span
      course)<br>
cite="mid:CAL1UyNa-S4dcRL4w9ruihbqZrcsujyTrtO9PbyW4sz=jswQNbg@mail.gmail.com">
        change the intake manifold on my 289 with the engine still in
        the Tiger.</div>
        Dual Port 360 which I want to swap out for a Edelbrock.</div>
      -- <br>
        data-smartmail="gmail_signature">rick<br>
        B9471206: <a
          href="http://www.tigersunited.com/car_show/flynn_r/default.asp";
          target="_blank"
moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.tigersunited.com/car_show/flynn_r/default.asp</a></div>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre"
wrap="">_______________________________________________

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:tigers@autox.team.net";>tigers@autox.team.net</a>

href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers";>http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers</a>
 <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/archive";>http://autox.team.net/archive</a>

Unsubscribe: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/atwittsend@verizon.net";>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/atwittsend@verizon.net</a>

</pre>

--------------14EBB6EB7237E816AA910A0E--

--===============7924644836041929649==