[Tigers] THE TIGER LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!1

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] THE TIGER LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!1
From: Andy Walker via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2015 23:08:40 -0500

--===============1582618007480293875==
        boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0001_01D0CD78.2BE10080"

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D0CD78.2BE10080
        charset="us-ascii"

Hey, guys:

I finally had the Tiger ready to start today and, with the help of an expert
racing mechanic buddy of mine, we fired it off.  It ran great right off the
bat!!!!  Actually, we had everything statically set pretty close to where it
needed to be.  Once we had run the motor long enough to break in the cam, we
set the timing and tuned the carb until it ran smoothly.  We had just a
little mid-range flutter in the carb under no load but, the longer it ran,
the more that seemed to clear up.  I'll just have to see how that reacts in
the weeks to come.

All is not perfect, however; we still have a couple of problems to work out.
The first is the fact that my factory original tach reads 300 to 400 rpm
higher all through the scale than it should.  We ended up having to use the
tach on my engine analyzer to set the idle.  Do any of you guys know if the
tach can be adjusted from the outside of the unit while it is in operation,
or am I just going to have to send it to someone like Nisonger to get it
calibrated?

I've also got a problem with my temp gauge as it was reading hotter than it
should.  Actually, it has always read hotter than the motor actually is.
While we were running it today, I had my shop fan blowing into the radiator
to help cool it off.  I was also using my infa-red thermometer to check the
temps at various points in the engine compartment.  The hottest reading we
got was on the thermostat housing itself with 201 degrees.  The radiator and
upper hose read anywhere from 165 to 174 degrees.  The problem is that while
all this was going on, the temp gauge on the dash was reading 240
degrees!!!!  As when I had the old 289 in the car, it never spit a drop of
water, so I really don't think that the temp reading I'm seeing on the dash
is correct.  I've considered that it could be the instrument voltage
stabilizer, but my fuel gauge appears to read correctly.  Does anyone have
any ideas what it could be?

Thanks for any advice,

Andy Walker

Edmond, OK

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D0CD78.2BE10080
        charset="us-ascii"

xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml"; =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40";><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
        {font-family:"Cambria Math";
        panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
        {font-family:Calibri;
        panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
        {margin:0in;
        margin-bottom:.0001pt;
        font-size:11.0pt;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        color:#0563C1;
        text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        color:#954F72;
        text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
        {mso-style-type:personal-compose;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
        color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
        {mso-style-type:export-only;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
        {size:8.5in 11.0in;
        margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
        {page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Hey, guys:<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I finally =
had the Tiger ready to start today and, with the help of an expert =
racing mechanic buddy of mine, we fired it off.&nbsp; It ran great right =
off the bat!!!!&nbsp; Actually, we had everything statically set pretty =
close to where it needed to be.&nbsp; Once we had run the motor long =
enough to break in the cam, we set the timing and tuned the carb until =
it ran smoothly.&nbsp; We had just a little mid-range flutter in the =
carb under no load but, the longer it ran, the more that seemed to clear =
up.&nbsp; I&#8217;ll just have to see how that reacts in the weeks to =
come.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>All is not perfect, however; we still have a couple of =
problems to work out.&nbsp; The first is the fact that my factory =
original tach reads 300 to 400 rpm higher all through the scale than it =
should.&nbsp; We ended up having to use the tach on my engine analyzer =
to set the idle.&nbsp; Do any of you guys know if the tach can be =
adjusted from the outside of the unit while it is in operation, or am I =
just going to have to send it to someone like Nisonger to get it =
calibrated?&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I&#8217;ve =
also got a problem with my temp gauge as it was reading hotter than it =
should.&nbsp; Actually, it has always read hotter than the motor =
actually is.&nbsp; While we were running it today, I had my shop fan =
blowing into the radiator to help cool it off.&nbsp; I was also using my =
infa-red thermometer to check the temps at various points in the engine =
compartment.&nbsp; The hottest reading we got was on the thermostat =
housing itself with 201 degrees.&nbsp; The radiator and upper hose read =
anywhere from 165 to 174 degrees.&nbsp; The problem is that while all =
this was going on, the temp gauge on the dash was reading 240 =
degrees!!!!&nbsp; As when I had the old 289 in the car, it never spit a =
drop of water, so I really don&#8217;t think that the temp reading =
I&#8217;m seeing on the dash is correct.&nbsp; I&#8217;ve considered =
that it could be the instrument voltage stabilizer, but my fuel gauge =
appears to read correctly.&nbsp; Does anyone have any ideas what it =
could be?&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks for =
any advice,<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Andy =
Walker<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Edmond, =