[Tigers] Original fuel lines

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Original fuel lines
From: <awtiger@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 15:13:50 -0400
Hey, guys:

At some point in time, the previous owner of my Tiger installed on of those old
"solid-state" fuel pumps; the square univesal units that all the parts stores
used to sell.  There is a possibility that I'm experiencing the failure of that
pump and I want to change it out.  I have a new original-style pump in my parts
stash and I'd like to put that on the car, but again at some point in the car's
life, someone has hacked off the screw-on part of the original fuel lines that
screw onto the original fuel pump.

I know that my car can't be the only one that this has happened to.  What are
you all doing for original-style screw-on fuel line ends to the fuel pump?
Will something off another car work?  I realize that I'll have to jumper what's
left of the incoming and outgoing fuel lines with rubber fuel line at some
point, but I would sure like to be able to screw some replacement lines onto my
new fuel pump.  Any suggestions out there?

Thanks as always,

tigers@autox.team.net

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums