[Tigers] Pan and puller

To: Tiger List <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Pan and puller
From: Jeff Holt <jeff.holt7@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 23:28:18 -0600
Thanks to all for weighing in. The puller I bought for like $11 bucks from
O'Reilly's worked fine getting the damper out. The front cover then tapped off
fine. Then I could see the pan guts and I tapped a razor cutter around the pan
gasket seam and got about 80% of it cut, then tapped it off with the
rubber-covered mallet.

FYI, the engine came out from below. But it was a lot of push-me pull-you with
jack's, lifts, stands, hoists, chains, etc. I found it tough to get the tranny
forward enough to clear the x-frame.

The old engine was not stock, it was an old 221 from a Fairlane (sold to me as
a 260 by a guy in the Denver Tiger club that should've known better).

Jeff Holt
Huntsville, Utah
Tigers@autox.team.net
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums