Re: [Tigers] Chrome oil cap LAT KIT

To: Tiger Talk List Tiger <tigers@autox.team.net>, michael king
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Chrome oil cap LAT KIT
From: David T Johnson <djoh797014@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 09:08:10 -0700 (PDT)
I have the same ad.  And I agree that the oil breather cap shown is not
the Tiger cap at all.  Just a chrome non vented cap. Like other listers have
observed, a state's air regs may be at play.  Or the ad maker didn't have
a Tiger cap.

The ad for the induction kit (Tiger intake, 4 bbl carb, air cleaner) clearly
shows a different air cleaner.  Its round not oval and chrome.  Some time
ago, a lister said he had that air cleaner complete with the little decal
that the ad clearly shows. He said it was a common 4bbl air cleaner like
CalCustom.  Now that should drive a concurs 'expert' nuts.

Concurs judging is full of 'experts'  Uncle Wally once argued with the SAAC
judge that he should not be penalized for not having a rubber 'TIGER' gas
pedal cover.  He inforned him of his qualifications and said Federal
regulations banned covers on suspended gas pedals.  It was against the
law.  Some other people made the TIGER cover and it became stock.
For stock concurs the cover should not be there.  Just like the rubber
gaskets on door handles etc.  They should be a fiber gasket that does not
stick out. Most everyone including me, use the rubber gaskets.

I'm getting a head ache from all this.

Come to the Spring Fling and we can discuss this.

Dave