Re: [Tigers] Wheel stud replacement

To: tigers@autox.team.net, Randy Zimmermann <zimme008@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Wheel stud replacement
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 09:08:40 -0700 (PDT)
No Randy, you have to pull the hubs. I couldnt find any studs that had the
same knurlings where they go thru the hub. The threaad is an easy match. I
also had a set of expensive 14" wheels( cant recall the brand but expensive)
and they needed spacers on the rears to clear- just a 1/4nch space fixed the
problem but I had to carry a torque wrench and check the lug nuts  every other
fill up. Perhaps I could have tightened them more but I went with the shop
mannual. They always where a bit loose. Winter came and went and the next
spring I forgot to retorque the wheels and lost one. Lucky for me I was almost
stopped when the wheel came off the lug bolts- one was already broken but
useable- so now is the time to adjust any length problems you may or may not
have. The stock bolts are just to long to get out with the hub on.
TonytheTiger